Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Warm Sunshine

Sunshine gives off warmth and chases away the cold. During the winter season up here at northern California, the sun still shines but there is no warmth. I chose the title I did because I miss the warmth and the heat of southern California. Even though the heat seemed to be blistering at times, I would still prefer the heat to the cold that seems to be seeping into my bones, because the heat does not pain me as the cold does. The shivering and the muscle contractions due to the shivering make it feel as if my body is being shaken apart. Thus, the stressing of the warm sunshine in the title is an expression of my longing for the warmth the sun provides. Of course, the longing for the heat is most likely because I am not use to the cold that seems to be dominating the temperature during this time of year up here. After all, southern California does not really have a winter season, because the sun always shines. Of course, I have nothing against winter as a season. I love the snow, but up here the winter only contains the blistering cold and pelting rain. The cold is tolerable as well but if occasionally there is to be warm weather during this time of year up here in northern California, it would be much appreciated. I suppose the main reason for the longing of sunshine and warmth is because the cold can be biting and because one does not know how precious something is, such as the warm sunshine, until it is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment